Forever Thankful!
by Marlin Prentice

Do you remember the moment that God first spoke to your heart and convicted you of your sin? Well, I will never forget the night the Lord opened my eyes to who and what I really was. For twenty-one years I had convinced myself that I was a sure enough decent fellow, "a good ole boy," you know. My parents had raised me with manners and respect for others and I figured that was good enough.

It took God's Holy Word, preached by a Holy Ghost filled man of God to show me, that I like all men was a wicked sinner deserving of nothing better than God's eternal wrath. But thanks be to God, He opened my eyes to more than just my sin. In His wonderful mercy and amazing grace He poured out His unspeakable gift of faith on me and I trusted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour! What a moment to remember!

How could I ever forget the moment that I recognized God the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth as my loving heavenly Father who loved me so much that He sacrificed His only begotten Son for a wicked sinner like me? How could I ever forget the moment that Jesus Christ became so much more to me than just a baby in a manger? How could I ever forget the moment that the precious blood of Jesus Christ washed me clean and pure? How could I ever forget the moment that all my sins were forgiven and forgotten? How could I ever forget the moment God gave me His peace, the "peace that passeth all understanding"? How could I ever forget the moment that the Bible became God's Holy, infallible, inerrant, inspired Word in which I could trust whole heartedly? How could I ever forget the joy of the new life in Jesus Christ!

I am 56 years old now. It has been 35 years and I tell you from my very heart and soul that I am forever thankful for that precious moment when God spoke to my heart and saved my soul! He has given many, many more things in my life for which I continually give Him thanks. I could easily make a list that would fill a book. But if it had not been for that one precious moment, I would never have known what it is to be truly, eternally thankful.

2Co 9:15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.

Sincerely,
Marlin Prentice

Please visit my personal blog: www.god-please-help-me.com or our local church website www.buildinganark.com for more great Christian material

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print