Heartfelt Thanksgiving
by PamFord Davis

Thanksgiving is oh so much more than a day to carve poultry and slice delectable pies. Before we cram down favorite foods and spend time with special people, let's offer a prayer of sincere thanks to the Lord our God. He has blessed us in countless ways throughout the year and we often take His generosity for granted.

Begin a new family tradition this year; demonstrate heartfelt thanksgiving through heartrending confession. We have sinned against the hand that feeds us, stuffed ourselves with fat of the land and miserly tossed Him tidbits of our leftover time. Parents encourage their young children to treat their elders with respect yet as God's children we neglect to express such simple words as thank you.

Join hands: echo and Amen the Psalmist's words. "Give thanks to Him; bless His name. For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting, And His faithfulness to all generations (Psalm 100:4b-5 NAS)." We birth Thanksgiving through thanks living, consistently living with gratitude to God who showers His blessings upon our families, churches, our nation and us.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print