The Crud
by PamFord Davis

It spreads faster than the latest piece of juicy gossip, shows up uninvited and hangs around longer than you can patiently endure. Doctors offer little encouragement; family members try to make you comfortable and best friends keep you at arm's length. You have the crud.

Doctors diagnose you with a viral condition; you choose the more popular designation of the crud, settle in for the long haul and try to keep a positive attitude. When you feel cruddy tissues, cough drops and mom's chicken noodle soup become your arsenal. Take aim!

We must know the enemy. "Britannica World Language Edition of Funk & Wagnalls Standard Dictionary" defines crud as "Slang, Worthless rubbish." Crud serves no known purpose yet can sharpen spiritual warfare skills. Add cheerfulness to your weapons!

"Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live (1 Thessalonians 5: 16-18 The Message)." People may wonder if you have lost your mind but you have found the remedy for the crud!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print