More Than Conquerors
by Steve Countryman

Romans 8:37 in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. Christians today are living under a misnomer. We think that we are to be meek, weak, peace loving, accepting, a doormat for everyone and any other harmless and useless type of being that the world tells us to be! That is not a Biblical point of view of who you are in Christ. The Bible does teach peace, peaceful ways and love. But it also says Ephesians 6:12-17 12For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

The Bible says to love your enemies, to pray for them and to do good to them. It is in the understanding that you learn where the difference lies. Mankind does evil things because of the sinful nature and powerful satanic influences that are here on earth. Love the person but hate the sin! Knowing that all evil that people do is because of the evil influences at work. Hate the evil influences not the person. There are several reasons why we are to treat others this way. First, we are to put on the mind of Christ daily. The mind of Christ that loves all people both good and bad. To be Christian is to be Christ like! Second, we are not to hold any un-forgiveness towards anyone. If we do then we elevate ourselves higher than God who forgives us of all of our evil sins. We then are too good to forgive those who sin against us, (harm us, treat us badly, wrong us), and because of that our salvation is void! Holding their sin against them only harms us and seals their wrong doing to us until it is forgiven and released. It can affect your life, relationships, health, spiritual growth and eternal home. Luke 6:37 Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

Our war is not against flesh and blood. Our war is against the kingdom of darkness. It is Satan who wants to destroy us because of Jesus. Satan hates all good and perfect things that God does. Satan isn't looking for mankind to build his army up with. He is looking to destroy all of mankind and send as many of us to hell as he can! You cannot bargain with, compromise with, side with or join along with Satan because you think that by doing so you won't be mistreated here on earth or face damnation later. You are made in the likeness of God which is a constant reminder to Satan of why he hates all of us so. Anything that is contrary to the Word of God is not of God and that is what we are to war against! This war was not started by God but by Satan who thought that he was better than God and deceived a third of the angels taking them with him. But God will finish it! Remember that Satan has already been defeated at the cross by Jesus Christ! Satan is so self-deluded that he thinks that he has a chance. The only thing that Satan has is time until his sentence is carried out against him and his demons and his time is almost gone. The only power that Satan has in anyone's life is the power they give him. Likewise, Satan has no power over God's children unless you give it to him.

Most of your war is in your mind and your thoughts. It is there that the big victories are won. It is called daily "choices". You have total control over your thoughts and your choices, they do not control you! You are to have self-control over your thoughts and deeds. Because we are all born of the sinful nature we will have thought so vile and disgusting that they will be very offensive. We are to rebuke them and take authority over all thoughts that are contrary to the Word of God and submit them to God for destruction. Exercising your God given authority over all such thoughts.

Being "more than a conqueror" is being the victor not the victim. It is being more than a survivor, more than a "get me by" Christian. Being more than a servant, more than a friend, more than an adopted child but a family member of the Creator of the Universe and co-heirs with Christ! Knowing and understanding who you are in Christ. Being a conqueror and a warrior is only a part of who you are in Christ, not everything you are in Christ.

People think that if you are a Christian that you are to be perfect and harmless. I told someone recently that I don't like to refer to myself as a Christian but as a "practicing Christian" because I am not perfect. I make mistakes and I'm not harmless for I am more than a conqueror! Thanks God for His grace!

Are you ready?!?


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print