The Lord Delivers
by Gary J. Borgstede

Scripture

Psalms 34:7 "The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them."

Psalms 34:17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles."

Psalms 34:19 "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the Lord delivers him out of them all."

Observation

In this psalm, David declares three times that the Lord delivers the righteous out of all their troubles and afflictions. By declaring this promise of the Lord three times in the same psalm, David is saying that this promise is BIG and means a lot. According to Bartlett's Roget's Thesaurus, this means that when the Lord delivers me, He saves me, rescues me, comes to my rescue, throws me a life-line; snatches me from the jaws of death, saves me at the last second or minute, rescues me at the eleventh hour, saves me by the bell; extricates me, unravels me, untangles me, extracts me, gets me out; unfastens me, unlooses me, unties me, unbinds me, unfetters me, unchains me; unburdens me, disburdens me, disencumbers me, rids me of, saves me from, relieves me; releases me, emancipates me, liberates me, frees me, declares me free, sets me free, sets me at large; unlocks me, unbars me, lets me out, lets me go, lets me off, gets me off, reprieves me, acquits me, exempts me, excuses me, dispenses me from, spares me; redeems me, ransoms me, bails me out, buys me off, purchases me; salvages me, retrieves me, recovers me, brings me back, and restores me. There is no promise bigger or better than the Lord's promise to deliver the righteous!

Application

Personally, "by not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith," I am declared righteous in the Lord's sight (Philippians 3:9). Therefore, "being the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus" (2 Corinthians 5:21), the Lord's promise to deliver me applies to me and everyone else who calls upon the name of the Lord and is righteous in His sight through faith in Christ. This is good news!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I praise You for You are Jehovah Tsidkenu, The Lord our Righteousness! Thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, to die on the cross for me so that I could be delivered from the power of darkness and brought into the kingdom of Your Son whom You love. I am forever grateful for Your promise and Your faithfulness to deliver me in Christ! I love You Jesus! Amen!

The Lord Delivers Copyright 2011, Gary J. Borgstede. You have permission to reprint the personal devotion, The Lord Delivers, in its entirety only, and forward to your colleagues and friends, provided the copyright notice remains part of the reprint and transmission. All other rights reserved.

Gary J. Borgstede is the published author of the leadership books titled, The Make It Happen Journey and Kings Come Forth, as well as the faith-based leadership education blog at www.makeithappenmoment.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print