Humility
by Michael Hume

God the Father is the humblest being I have ever come across. As his child I am expected to become humble like Him. It was surprising to find God was humble. Maybe I was being conditioned to believe that arrogance and boastfulness were godly traits. In fact they are the traits of false gods. People who impersonate God or Jesus. Perhaps I had mixed the two things up in my mind before I became a Christian.Moses was a really Godly man and humble. "Moses was a very humble man, more humble than anyone else on the face of the earth." Numbers 12.3. So godliness and humility do go together.

There are many ways to become humble and here are a few.

Trials. Unpleasant but later brings forth character, and holiness.

Fasting. The Bible describes people as humbling themselves through fasting. "Then I proclaimed a fast there by the river Ahava, that we might humble ourselves before our God." Ezra 8.21

Going vegetarian also is a humbling act. Daniel probably ate a vegetable diet and sought God for three weeks in Daniel 10.3,4. The Bible continues, "Fear not, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your mind to understand and humbled yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come because of your words." Daniel 10.12

Mixing with the lowly is another way to get humble. Even Jesus is lowly. He said "Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart." Matthew 11.29

Becoming more natural. Being around nature is like being with God.Bible reading is meeting with God so it should be conforming to his humility.

A job might help. It could be lowly, or it could be something like gardening for example, where you are handling the soil, plants, shrubs and trees.Serving others like Jesus did. He washed his disciples' feet which was the job of the lowly servant. Putting yourself below others and serving them keeps you humble.Poverty can be humbling.

Circumstances can keep you humble through some lack.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print