You've Got Mail!
by Michele Fleming

"I have no idea where to start." Tara said as she stood looking at the mountain of boxes. Taking a tentative step forward, she placed her hand on the U-haul moving box labeled 'KITCHEN' and took a deep breath. "This looks like as good a place as any." She picked up the box, made her way through the archway separating the living room from the eat-in kitchen, and set it down on the counter-top.

The first thing out of the box was the small transistor radio that her grandfather had given her for her fourteenth birthday. She turned the dial and the radio came to life with a click filling the small kitchen with the sultry sounds of KIX96. Tara worked in rhythm to the music and in no time had the first box emptied and was starting on the second. Deciding that she had a good thing going, she turned the volume up and immersed herself in her unpacking.

Once she had the kitchen in order, Tara picked up her laptop. "I have been working hard this morning so I do believe I deserve a break." She informed the empty room.

She worked getting the computer fired up and then settled in to do a little internet surfing while she had her lunch. Pouring over website after website, Tara learned all the latest gossip on her favorite celebrities and then moved on to what was new in the fashion world. She then focused on the Chamber of Commerce's site on things to do in Seattle.

Tara could not believe she had actually done it! She had moved to the big city to start her new life and new career and all at the ripe old age of twenty four. Never in her life would she have dreamed that God would have sent her to such a 'happening' city when He called her into the mission field.

Tara said a quick prayer thanking the Lord for trusting her for such a momentous job and for her family and church for helping to make the move possible. She then dried her tears and refocused her attention to the computer screen in front of her, studying the hours for The Center on Contemporary Arts.

Bing"You've got mail"

Tara looked at the alert in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and saw that it was marked as SPAM. Usually she would have deleted it without even opening it, but a deep, needful draw led her to go against her normclick.

The screen filled with an ad for a local business. Curiosity got the better of her and Tara began to read.

Seattle's Strong Tower - Youth Ministries
Come join in on the fun and fellowship!
Thursday, November 8, 2011 6:00 pm

"Interesting" Tara thought out-loud. She then typed in the organizations name in the Google box and hit enter.

Seattle's Strong Tower was ran by an area church and acts as a club for teenage runaways and local youth cast off by their families and peers. They mentor and rehabilitate the kids that come through their doors giving them a second chance on life. Most of all, they give them the Word of God and a strong foundation of love and support. Then, at the bottom of the page in big red lettersVOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

The words created a stir deep within her soul and caused her to leap from her chair. "I have to go to this thing!"

The butterflies in Tara's stomach were doing something akin to the Samba as she made her way toward the West Avenue Baptist Church Events Building. Up ahead she noticed a man handing out pamphlets and decided she would approach him first.

"Good evening. My name is Tara Jennings. I am a missionary and have only recently moved here. I received an email today about the event and just wanted to offer my services."

"An email?" He asked, looking very confused.

"Yes, I then checked out your webpage and I think this is exactly what I have been looking for."

"Ms. Jennings, your help is definitely needed and appreciated, but I am the director here and we don't have a webpage or send out emails. However you found us, I praise the Lord for it."

Tara stood in awe at the realization that she had been a part of a real-life miracle. She decided that she would never delete SPAM again without checking it out first, because it might just be from God!

www.micheleflemingauthor.weebly.com

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print