Who Do You Listen To?
by Valerie Federoff

Where do you get your information? Do you believe the message on the cereal box that says the cereal is good for you because it has 8 vitamins and minerals when you read the ingredients and find out that it is made of mainly sugar and artificial coloring? "But it tastes good," you say.


You have zits. You were told avoiding junk food would help you avoid them. "But all my friends and I love burgers and fries," you say. Do you see how easy it is to ignore good advice and listen to bad messages because that's what you want to listen to?


The right information can help you get a good grade on a test or school project. The right information can tell you that standing on the sidelines without getting involved is just as bad as bullying itself. But, it's hard to do the right thing. It takes courage to stand up for classmates to stand up for what's right.


It's easier if you know someone is standing up with you. Sometimes it seems like you are all alone doing what's right. We don't have to feel alone. God is there. God gives support, strength, and hope. Faith in God gives us courage. He'll be with you in difficult times.


In John 16:33 (NIV) Jesus says "I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."


Only studying will help you get good grades. But God will help you to concentrate to study and find the information needed for your project. And God will be with you when you have to have courage to stand up for something or someone. What do you need to do that you need God's help with? Ask God for the courage to do it and meditate to listen for his answer.

Valerie Federoff is a freelance writer and substitute teacher. She has raised three children and worked with children at all age levels. Life has taken many turns but God has always been there. Her blog is https://valrfederoff.wordpress.com.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print