I Wish I May
by PamFord Davis

We all secretly wish we would be recipients of large amounts of unexpected cash; I guess there is a little bit of greed in the most noble or we feel the need to be financially secure in an unstable world. Logically, we know money is not the answer to all our problems yet we would like to see for ourselves how many it could solve.

Problems do not go up in smoke by rubbing "Aladdin's lamp." The fictional character may promise to grant us three wishes but we'd have a big disappointment if we placed confidence in him or his empty words. Wish on a star and your hopes will fall as fast as the falling star disappears from sight.

"Ask what you wish." That really starts the wheels turning "I wish I may, I wish I might" Most of us can fill in the blanks but only God can fill the emptiness. "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it shall be done for you (John 15:7 NAS)." No, this is not an invitation to make out a list like children trying to coax Santa.

Jesus wants us to approach Him, the true vine, as hungering branches needing nourishing sap to produce fruitful lives. (Verses 1-6) If my wish is to serve Him faithfully and glorify the Father, my wishes will come true. "By this is My Father glorified, that you bear much fruit and prove to be My disciples (John 15:8 NAS)." Wishing, waiting, and watching His wonders!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print