God Will Make a Way
by Allen Scott

Isaiah 43:19 (ASV) Behold, I will do a new thing; now shall it spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

Death Valley National Park is known as the lowest, hottest and driest portion of North America. A vast wasteland of bad water, lost mines and briny pools.

Death Valley was named by gold seekers who undertook to cross this desolate region in 1849 on their way to the California gold fields. The valley yielded gold and silver in the 1850s, and in the 1880s borax was discovered and taken out by mule-drawn wagons.

In spite of the harsh environment, a large variety of small animals and desert plants are found in Death Valley. Especially after the rains of 2005. Heavy rains had resulted in disaster for other parts of California through flooding and mud slides. But the rainwater brought the desert to life.

Death Valley may no longer deserve its name. Normally the hottest and driest place in North America, this desert area in California has experienced the wettest year in a century. As a result, colorful wild flowers are in bloom. "Vast fields of desert gold poppy, Eschscholzia glyptosperma, desert star, Monoptilon bellioides, evening primrose and phacelia have sprouted in the usually barren moonscape, which includes the lowest point in the Western hemisphere."

Western Pennsylvania has just started into the Spring season, winter has loosened its grip on the area and sunshine and cool breezes have taken its place.

Birds can be heard singing each morning even before the sun rises. The days are getting longer and the nights are getting shorter. Soon the trees will begin to sprout forth new life.

It is truly amazing how the earth renews itself each and every year. No matter what may be going on around the world in the course of our human experience; the seasons remain. Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall the cycles continue year after year just like God planned.

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease. Gen 8:22 (KJV)

These words were uttered by God himself after having destroyed the world in a flood during the days of Noah. Afterward God looked upon Noah and promised to never flood the earth again because of man's sin.


And Noah made an altar to the Lord, and from every clean beast and bird he made burned offerings on the altar. 21 And when the sweet smell came up to the Lord, he said in his heart, I will not again put a curse on the earth because of man, for the thoughts of man's heart are evil from his earliest days; never again will I send destruction on all living things as I have done. Gen 8:20-21 (BBE)

God's word is reliable and faithful, it can be depended upon to hold true through the test of all time. Regardless of what man may say or do God's word will remain steadfast and true. It is because of this that we can place our trust in God's word and character. When He says He will do something He means it. When He says He will not do something He means that as well.


Genesis 8 relates how God purposed in His heart to never again put a curse on the earth because of man. He knows men's hearts are evil from the very beginning. In spite of our inability to do the right thing God swore that He would never again send destruction on all living things like He had done in Noah's day.

Global warming advocates preach a doomsday scenery in which man's actions will bring about a global catastrophe! These doomsday prophets predict the end of life as we know it. They predict major flooding and the melting of the polar ice caps. These prophecies preach doom and gloom and hopelessness. Those who adhere to these teachings have been overcome with fear and fretting to the point of hysteria. They have been taught to believe that man has the ability to control life's events apart from God.

When one removes God and His plans from their lives the only thing that remains is hopelessness and despair. Man then becomes his own god and thusly responsible for his own future. Knowing the inability of man to do the right thing it becomes obvious why this future would look bleak. But thanks be unto God this is not the case.

Just like the desert brought forth new life when touched by the rains of 2005 so too shall a man's life bring forth goodness when touched by the hand of God.

If you find yourself in a desert place, a place of gloom, doom and hopelessness, perhaps it is time to rethink from whom your help comes. If you are relying on your own strength and abilities then perhaps it is time to change lordship. Turn your life over to the author and finisher of your faith JESUS and He shall bring forth springs of living water from deep inside you.

It is Jesus' influence and Lordship of our lives that causes the rivers to flow and the deserts to bloom. If we fully trust in God He is able to do what no man can do.

Isaiah 55:8-11 (GW) 8 "My thoughts are not your thoughts, and my ways are not your ways," declares the Lord. 9 "Just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways, and my thoughts are higher than your thoughts." 10 "Rain and snow come down from the sky. They do not go back again until they water the earth. They make it sprout and grow so that it produces seed for farmers and food for people to eat. 11 My word, which comes from my mouth, is like the rain and snow. It will not come back to me without results. It will accomplish whatever I want and achieve whatever I send it to do."


God is the one who controls the affairs of this world. For He is the builder and architect thereof. Only He can determine the end of all things. As long as the seasons remain then God is still in control. And as long as He is in control then there is hope for the future.

Your desert places will bring forth new life if you allow the rain of God's love to flood over you. Those negative thoughts and deep depressions shall be raised to new heights if you hitch your hopes to the God of new hope. He will take you to higher ground if you just allow Him access. You do not have to live in the dry desert places all the days of your life for Jesus promised a new hope, a new life, and a new beginning. This is what the gospel of Jesus Christ is all about. Jesus took the curse of God so that we would not have to. Jesus bore the wrath of God so we could escape it. Jesus born the sins of man so that we can be forgiven.

Jesus came so the desert would bloom. Jesus came so the hopeless would find hope. Jesus came so the thirsty would no longer thirst. Jesus came so the downtrodden would be lifted up. This is the expected end of believing in God and trusting in His Son Jesus.


http://eagleviews.org 

Random ramblings from your resident birdbrain. Waxing eloquent on things that I find interesting along the flight path. Spreading bird droppings along your spiritual pathways.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print