No Sleigh Bells
by PamFord Davis

Sleigh rides are only fantasy in my "neck of the woods"; an entrepreneur may develop a way to market something on wheels or a mechanical marvel, but a genuine sleigh glides best with a foundation of snow, and that though possible in the Deep South, is rare indeed. I'll settle for Christmas journeys inside a toasty vehicle.

Mary and Joseph journeyed to his ancestral city of Bethlehem and tradition sets her atop a donkey as Joseph humbly walked beside her. "So Joseph left Nazareth, a town in Galilee, and went to the town of Bethlehem in Judea. It was known as the town of David. Joseph went there because he was from the family of David (Luke 2:4 ERV)."

The couple was not out for a leisurely Sunday afternoon family ride, but following a government ruling of required registration. A jostling donkey served as her sleigh and God provided his Son Jesus with the protective womb of Mary to transport him to his upcoming place of birth. No sleigh bells were jingled to announce his arrival; instead, angels heralded a stable as his delivery room!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print