Discombobulationism
by Helen Murray


"One of the greatest techniques" declared Delucid, is that called "Discombobulationism."

"What century does that word come from?" screamed Nerdifer, who knew a multitude of facts about nearly every word there was to know, and its history, but hadn't recognized this one.

"Never you mind." Delucid was a pragmatist and not concerned about small points of historic detail. "Don't confuse the issue with detail! What matters is that you become adept in the technique."

"OK" Nerdifer made a mental note to look it up later and impress his mates with this new piece of knowledge. Not that any of his mates got excited about it, but as a prime intellectual egotist, he certainly did. But Delucid was continuing his lecture.

"Bear this in mind" continued Delucid in his loud, domineering voice, "That this technique is easily implemented if you can install in the mind a tiny lie a white lie the humans call it. The minute they give any consideration at all to any form of lie, then they are under the dynamic controlling powers of discombobulationism, because they immediately compromise the rigid structure of Principle, and become disorientated and insecure about everything they have been taught.

The very best way to install a little white lie is to tell 99 percent of the truth about something so that it appears to make sense to your subject and seems to be accurate. If they don't know their Bible extremely well they can be dislodged in this manner. It takes a lot to recognize the most miniscule fault with a story, and most people don't take that much trouble in assessing it. But it's like a hole in the dyke. Once they let that into their mind they'll take more and more in gradually increasing amounts.

To make sure this happens you have to attach the lie to one of their most powerful emotions. A great example to use is this. If one of the church leaders who is a strong Christian goes to see a film featuring some violent behaviour because he's interested in the politics behind the behaviour, you could say to a new Christian who's grown up in a violent culture and struggles with anger, 'See? If it's alright for him, it's alright for you.' This sounds most plausible. This fast action film stars his favourite actors and he really wants to go in spite of doubting the wisdom of re-inforcing that part of his culture. He doesn't know the scripture which says that one man's liberty can be a stumbling block for another, and he follows along doing something someone else can do and it derails his mind. He has believed the lie that it is alright for him because it is alright for another. This is such an excellent technique for creating big problems for inexperienced Christians.'

"Oh yes," interrupted Mondie. "I did that with my young human who I managed to convince that it was necessary to visit the pub out of compassion for an old friend who was in great distress. He'd only ever been a happy drunk but he hadn't drunk for years. I suggested to him that anyone who cared about this man losing his brother, and the inevitable depression, would go find him to try and tell Him about Jesus. One visit to the pub and he was gone again! You can always confuse people with a little white lie about what they ought to do. It sounds so reasonable!" That manic laugh of Mondie's would be enough to curdle any mother's milk!

"Oh, so we're talking about messing with people's thinking." It had taken Villie a while to discover what 'discombobulationism' really meant. "So that's what I'm doing when I talk my humans into going to a nightclub to witness there. I tell them how important it is to be where they can talk to people. Then I give them lots to look at to take their minds off the job! By the end of the night they have no idea what they're doing!"

"Very good work." Delucid's horrible scowl expressed a grudging satisfaction that his students had managed to sort out the confusion around the colourful old-fashioned word which he had used to focus their thinking for the day. "I think you've got the 99% factor pretty clear!"

Grandmother, teacher, bushlover, horse-lover, gardener, poet , stirrer and passionate person, especially about Jesus.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print