Ice Cycles Super Sized
by PamFord Davis

This is an inside story, you know as one who has been there to others who shared similar circumstances. I am a Yankee who is happily transplanted in the Deep South. In recent years one of the most popular types of outside Christmas lights are termed by some as ice cycle lights. They are pretty, but it is all I can do to refrain from laughing aloud. I don't think the people that label them as such have seen the real thing.

Real ice cycles are like snowflakes; it is unlikely there are two alike. They come in various sizes and lengths and if you have ever had one fall upon your head as the ice begins to melt, you know they can be hazardous to your health. They are a gorgeous site when light from a full moon hits them on a wintry night. "Chittenango Falls", when frozen, is a dazzling demonstration of ice cycles super-sized!

God made the winter season and ice cycles are his handiwork. "He spreads snow like a blanket and scatters frost like dust. He sends hail like gravel; no one can endure the cold he sends! Then he gives a command, and the ice melts; he sends the wind, and the water flows (Psalms 147:16-18 TEV)." As a little girl I believed in the imaginary character "Jack Frost"; I stopped believing in him over a half century ago. I believe in the ice cycle maker and recall his New York State creativity....

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print