Opening a Treasure
by PamFord Davis

Christmas presents look so pretty when gift givers have neatly wrapped, bagged and stacked them beneath a tinsel trimmed tree. We all wonder what surprises we have in store, growing in anticipation of the moment we will tear ours open; we also eagerly await recipients opening of ones we have given. Some will patiently untie ribbons, lift bows and timidly tear gift-wrap to recycle for next Christmas. Most of us tug, tear, rip and toss aside pretty paper. We want to open the treasure!

Have you ever realized that God considers your heart a treasure? He does "One of those listening was a woman named Lydia, a dealer in purple cloth from the city of Thyatira, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to respond to Paul's message (Acts 16:14 NIV)." The Lord lovingly opened her heart and rejoiced as she placed her faith in the apostle's message of salvation through Jesus Christ. Why delay? Do not tag your heart with "Do not open till Christmas."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print