It Only Takes One
by Robin Ocasio

We have each been given the ministry of reconciliation. Often times Israel and those of the Jewish faith are overlooked. Ignored! Relegated to a second class or inferior standing in the eyes of many Christians the world over. Such behavior must come to an end. In these last days, God's heart still burns for his people. He is turning the hearts of his people back to himself. We have the choice of either participating in His work or in denying it. This Easter, I felt impressed on, to do something that I have never done before. I wrote a letter to each of the synagogues located in my small town. (A copy of it follows). It only takes one act of obedience, one act of kindness to make a difference and to in walk in the halls of faith. What would God have you to do?

Dearest Rabbi:

Greetings in the name of the Lord, who is the one true God, the Alpha & the Omega. The one who is, who was and is to come, the great I AM.

I am writing to you today to thank you for the heritage of faith that you have given to world. Thank you for your steadfast & faithful commitment to honor God in your life, words and actions. Thru out the centuries, you and all those of Judaism, have boldly lived this each day and to this day - do so still. You have brought great blessings to every land and every people where you have settled. You have been greatly wronged the world over in more ways than I can possibly know or understand. Especially, so by those who have claimed to be of my faith, in the name of Christianity. For this I am truly sorry. On behalf of those who performed such evil deeds, I apologize! May the Lord forgive us our sins & and all those who have done such evil to His people. I apologize for those acts! They do not in any way represent the heart or the faith of Christianity. Those who perform them have not known the will or the plans of the Lord towards you and your people. Indeed they have not known His heart which is zealous for you.

As I write this letter to you on this Easter Sunday, I am reminded of the great blessings and heritage you have given to me and to the world. That you are indeed the apple of His eye and are very special in all the earth. I can not apologize enough, but I would like you to know that I appreciate you and what you have done thru out the ages. I would like you to know that I pray for your peace and your blessings in this land, in my community and thru out the world. May the Lord honor you and yours. May He bless you abundantly in all things. May His glorious light shine upon you, upon your house and your meetings of Faith.

I have enclosed a small offering which represents my prayers and my heart for you. When I was a small child, we would often say to each other, "A penny for your thoughts," I know that Gods thoughts are toward you continually and this may seem silly, insignificant or even foolish but, I wanted you to know that mine are as well. Thus I have enclosed a penny to represent my thoughts and prayers for you and the Jewish people, one for each day of the year. God bless you and keep you! May he cause His face to shine upon you and grant you peace!

Sincerely

I live in Bethlehem, NH with my children (two girls and one son  14, 12 and 13) along with an elderly lady whom I care for.  These are my greatest mission fields though I am and have been involved in a number of ministry experiences and opportunities thru out America, Canada and Russia.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print