Stormy Blue Our Wonderful Blue Eyed Baby
by Marijo Phelps


Our beautiful blue eyed boy quit eating a couple days ago. this has happened before and usually the expulsion of a nasty hair ball fixes him right up and life goes on. This time, however, it was followed by his meowing and going to the water bowl, sticking his head inside and then not drinking more that a few sips. He was not going to the litter to either. No, he wasn't going anywhere else.

Our boy has had kidney troubles for a couple of years and perhaps we should be glad he was chasing around the house last week with the other cats and jumping on the bed even with his arthritic hip where Katy had dumped a heavy wooden ladder on him in his kittenhood.

I wasn't glad as we begin to observe more and more signs of renal (kidney) failure. This cat, above all others, is not a "let's go ride-y in the truck" cat. One trip he managed to get so worked up he had diarrhea twice and got his blood sugar up to 250 riding into the vet and he doesn't have blood sugar problems.

We determined that unless he was suffering and needed to have help with that we would keep him at home and as comfortable as possible. I know that within 72 hours of no water the end would come. His little sister went two years ago with both Mick and me at her side (one on each) and she had no distress until the last 10 minutes.

Stormy Blue - the greatest cat rescue story we have ever had. He was dumped at the vet in a snowstorm with his two sisters and almost frozen when the vet found him on Monday morning. This kitten came home with us to claw his way up the bathroom wall and hang in the corner by his front paws - terrified. He then retreated to the linen closet where he stayed 2 1/2 weeks. He wouldn't come out when we were around. He would eventually play with us but we had to have the swizzle stick poked through a roll of toilet paper so our hands were not near this kitten.

To say he has come a long way would be a total understatement. He now sits up on his hind legs and begs for food like a dog, he purrs whenever anyone comes to pet him, he comes when you call him name and even became a lap cat somewhere around 8 years of age.

His fur is the most silky and his blue eyes still astound us. He is the kitty who takes any of our "new arrivals" under his paw and loves on them after an initial hiss or two.

Where do cats go when they die? In the Bible it speaks of a time when the lion lays down with the lamb. I am hoping that there will be a time when the house cat will lay down with a mouse and that I will be there to see it and all our house cats who have gone on before us will volunteer to be there too.

Today I am praying that Stormy will go quickly and without suffering. Mick and I will be suffering enough for this household and my tears are beginning to flow just writing this now. Ahhhh, Stormy, how did those 15 years go so very fast?

Marijo Phelps all rights reserved use giving proper credit only.

About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print