My Biggest Flaw Could Also Be My Greatest Asset
by Marijo Phelps

Now that I have gotten your curiosity going, what in the world could I be referring to? I will give you another clue, many times it is a rusty orange color or possible peach, my mouth. Overeating and speaking before putting my brain in gear would be the flawed parts of this tiny part of me. However, when I "speak the truth in love" the same "flaw" becomes a most potent and powerful asset.

I can be quiet even though I am thinking things about my friends. I might be thinking how well someone shared what was on their heart and difficult feelings for trying times but if I don't ever tell them what I am thinking they might wonder. They might hesitate next time to speak out that which could end up being much needed encouragement for someone they are close to.

We can all use encouragement and if I choose to express what I am thinking silently inside I have done well. Unlike the times when I blurt out the first thing which comes into my mind sometimes when I do not have all the fats together. There they go, those words which can hurt without my thinking. Yep, I need to slow down and THINK. Wait for the rest of the story to be out before I leap in and give my 2 cents worth.

And the overeating part has gotten much easier lately. If I want to sleep at night that rules out anything with a tiny bit of caffeine no matter what time the clock says and I am speaking of even one gulp of coffee. I toyed with this for a time. It soon became much easier not to take a chance rather than toss, turn and be sleepless in Colorado. Even 1-2 tiny squares of Dove chocolate will bring out the night owl in me. NOT, my chocolate. You can take many things but leave your hands off my chocolate. A friend told me that 9 AM was too early for chocolate and I told her that she wasn't really a chocoholic. In time, I have backed off from chocolate except on very special (and later sleepless) days.

Right now it is easy to pick grilled meats and veggies over fried ones although I will admit to having fried shrimp the other night and I totally enjoyed each and every bite.

There are many other flaws we could discuss but thought I'd address this one which can also be a great plus in one's life and give a little paper to each side of this issue. I suspect that your "flaw" might also have a positive side if you think about it for a minute or two.

Come visit my blog!
http://myincrediblelord.blogspot.com

(C) Marijo Phelps all rights reserved. Use with proper credits.


About Self 
 
Saved by His grace in 1974, from 9 years of professing atheism into His loving arms. RN for 23 years, missionary with YWAM then statistical analyst for Every Home for Christ over 9 years. Living with my husband in the middle of a mountain meadow. GRIN! Wanting to spread the good news

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print