Silently Singing Along
by PamFord Davis

Are you humming a familiar carol or hymn? Do you find yourself silently singing along to a popular Christmas song? Don't be embarrassed, it's another sign of the season. Christmas music is running 24-7 on some radio stations, cable and satellite channels; stores use it to get shoppers in the mood and today's generation accesses it on personal computers. We make our favorite MP3, i Phone or CD selections; nostalgia grannies like me even pop in cassette tapes and keep record albums spinning. "Silent Night, White Christmas and Jingle Bell Rock" are as much a tradition as Nativity scenes, Christmas Trees and Santa's helpers.

"Star of wonder, Star of light" Are you tapping your toes? "They saw the same star they had seen in the east, and they followed it. The star went before them until it stopped above the place where the child was. They were very happy and excited to see the star (Matthew 2:9b-10 ERV)." X may mark the spot where an actor stands on a stage but a star shone brightly to identify the Savior. The Wise Men had traveled far and relied on the light of a mysterious star to lead their way. Jehovah fulfilled their hopes of finding the newborn King; the travelers excitement in seeing the star paled in comparison to seeing the one who numbered it and kept the light burning!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print