Prompt to a Prompting
by PamFord Davis

Do you ever feel compelled to give someone a call, send an email or send off an encouraging note or greeting card? I would guess most of us feel those gentle nudges on a regular basis but in our fast-paced lives, often procrastinate or simply ignore the prompting.

I want to be sensitive to God's prompting. "During the night Paul had a vision of a man in Macedonia standing and begging him, 'Come over to Macedonia and help us (Acts 16:9 NIV)." Apostle Paul's response to the plea for help was prompt.

He immediately prepared for the trip to Macedonia. I recently read a moving devotional and passed it along to a Spirit filled young man, feeling it would speak to his heart. I was humbled and rewarded to learn it came at a time when he needed the encouragement it provided.

What if I had not been prompt in following Gods' prompting? I may not learn how many chances I have missed to be a blessing to others until I kneel at Jesus feet. Until then, I hope the Lord continues to prompt me with His cues.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print