Integrity
by Steve Countryman

The meaning of integrity
1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
2. the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished.
3. a sound, unimpaired, or perfect condition.

Integrity is a word you don't hear much about anymore. It used to be on one of the key factors when voting for a candidate. Nowadays the candidates are afraid to even mention the word integrity. Mostly because they don't have any or they know if they claim to have integrity that no one would believe them. In fact most politicians want you to believe that whatever they do in private or in their past doesn't reflect their ability to hold office or influence the decisions that they make. So I ask, what can you judge them by if not by their character and integrity or lack there of? "You will know them by their fruit" applies to everyone both saint and sinner alike.

Corruption and lack of integrity runs amuck in Washington, D.C. today that the outcry for reform grows louder and louder. The problem is that those in power cannot bring themselves to change their ways and bad laws that protect and/or excludes them. The only way to bring that kind of change about is for our "leaders" to come back to God. For with God all things are possible and Godly people have no problem making those changes. The wicked don't know how, don't care or don't care to know.

You can't escape it. It is everywhere you go; on TV, radio, the Internet, in newspapers, songs and movies. The world tells you who you should be and how to act. The world is trying everyday and in every way to define who and what you are. Just look at the examples below.

The average everyday man is a man who ogles women, drinks lots of beer, seldom leaves his recliner with remote control in hand, looks at a lot of porn on the Internet, will hump anything in a skirt, gets different women pregnant leaving the women and the children behind, accepts no responsibility for any of his actions and the media often shows men as having the intelligence of a third-grader. He looks and smells like a slob who hasn't bathed, shaved or even changed his clothes in days.

The average everyday woman is a woman who is a shop-a-holic, who is always surrounded by her girl friends, ogles over men's butts with six-pack abs, considers having affairs as normal, babies are a bother and having an abortion easier than paying babysitters to watch them. Besides who remembers to take the "pill" all the time anyway? She wears the most revealing clothes that makes her look like a hooker or wears clothes too small and tight that reveals a figure that is best not bragged about.

According to the media Christian married couples are the most backward and illiterate people on the planet. While those who are single jumping from partner to partner not ever really knowing love are supposed to be the smart ones. And of course the gays are always the most intelligent people around. How deceived! Reality TV that promotes lying and cheating to get ahead, back stabbing and being vengeful at any cost, blame others while refusing to accept any responsibility, verbal abuse, manipulating, temper tantrums, party animals, drug and alcohol abuse and casual sex with as many different people as possible. This is what the media thinks all of us should act like. The sad thing is that the above examples all have one thing in common they all lack integrity! Lust can never replace love in any relationship and expect it to last. And living together cannot replace the commitment of a real loving marriage. But self-centeredness, self-absorbed and selfish lust is what is constantly thrown in our faces daily. Amazing that the number one complaint about broken marriages is lack honesty and integrity!

The other day I was trying to think of men and women who had a life that exemplified integrity. I am sorry to say that it is a very short list of mostly dead people. Most of the names that came to mind were from the Bible and from our founding fathers. What is missing today is men and women of integrity for this age. The definition of true biblical integrity cannot be achieved on your own. It is only possible with the help of Jesus Christ living and dwelling in you as Lord and savior. Courage and boldness of the Holy Spirit accompanies both men and women of integrity. As a child of God you are a new creation in Christ. Jesus Christ now defines you not the world. Through your daily walk with the Father and studying His Word you are now in alignment and agreement with unity and oneness in God's Word, God the Father, His Son Jesus and the Holy Spirit. You now walk in the wisdom and integrity of God the Father guiding your way and directing your path.


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print