Personalities and Faith
by PamFord Davis

Christmas trees are works of art. Trimmed trees reveal much about the personality of those who decorated their sagging branches. Traditional and conservative types work to recreate real trees of their pasts with red and green lights, equal numbers of colored ornaments, carefully hung silver ice cycles and top it off with an angel or a star. Why change what brings back such happy memories?

A new generation feels the freedom to change from conformity to nonconformity; they express their personalities through white, silver or maybe even pink or purple artificial Christmas trees. Lights can all be solid white, red, or blue. They can decorate the entire tree in John Deere ornaments, Elvis collectibles or flamboyantly promote their favorite sports team with tree decorations. We reveal much about ourselves through trimming our Christmas trees.

How much do we reveal about our faith through clinging to the cross? "For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God (1 Corinthians 1:18 NIV)." The Apostle Paul never flinched; he preached the cross and Christ crucified. "but we preach Christ crucified (1 Corinthians 1:23a NIV)." I may describe Christmas trees as works of art; Christ's cross was a work of sacrifice and love.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print