Sins of the Father
by Steve Countryman

Exodus 20:4-6 4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Generational curses or sins of the father are those things that are passed from one generation to the next. There are more things associated with generational curses then what most people think of. Generational curses or sins of the father can apply to a complete families all the way to a community, town and even countries. For example; sickness and diseases, some types of cancer, certain deformities, verbal abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, addictions of all kinds (smoking, drinking, drugs, sex, eating), parental behavior examples, bi-polar, insanity, accidents, trauma, near death experiences, storms, earthquakes and plagues just to name a few have been proven to be passed from one generation to the next. "It runs in our family" is how it has been said for years. Some curses keep going as the sins are repeated with the next generation.

I watched a program on TV that scientifically proved that generational curses exist. The name of the science is Genome. The Human Genome Project (HGP) is an international scientific research project. Its goal is to understand the genetic make-up of the human species by determining the sequence of chemical base pairs which make up DNA, and to identify the 20,000-25,000 genes of the human genome. This lead to the study of hereditary DNA and its link to diseases past from generation to generation. One study took it to the next step and found a link that showed families that had survived famines, plagues and natural disasters and how that showed up in their DNA. All of which proves that what the Bible says is true about sins of the father.

Once you are born again you are now a new creation and the sins of the fathers no longer applies to you! No more curses allowed in your life only blessings. What will happen is that a family member has a related illness that surfaces and the world, which places no hope in God, will tell you that you are next. It is a lie and don't you believe it! It only happens if you accept and receive the lie into your life. You then give it life to live in you! It is not the will of your heavenly Father that any curse, sickness, disease or other abuses/addictions fall on you. You must not allow them to take root in you!

Through the blood of the Lamb and the work of the cross in you, you are born again. The easiest root to take hold in your life is the root of bitterness. I read a great description that went "bitterness is unfulfilled revenge." Do not hold any un-forgiveness in your heart against any relative alive or dead. You ask God to forgive ALL sins of your family and ancestors. You then ask God to break those generational curses in your life and that of your family's. God WILL break those generational curses and set you free! No longer will they past from generation to generation. Any type of generational curse that is at work in you is to be named, rebuked and cast out in the name of Jesus. In the Old Testament NO sickness, disease or anything unclean was allowed in God's temple. Your body is the temple of the Lord God Almighty and His law still stands and it is not allowed in His temple! NOT ALLOWED! As a child of the King, for any curse to be active in your life it has been allowed to do so by your permission. Don't give it permission!

Jesus came so that we may have life and have it more abundantly right here on earth right now! Are you ready!


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print