The Victim
by Steve Countryman

Everyone has been a victim at one time or another. There are different types of victims. Victims of crimes, abuse, con-artist, accidents, sickness etc There are also those who have constant "drama" or crisis in their lives and stay the victim all the time. Some of those like the attention they get. Others feel that they don't deserve anything better in life and expect to always be the victim. Some have lived their lives as victims so long that it now has become the way they live. To be a Christian and be a victim all of the time is an oxy-moron! God has planned Christians to be victorious. You are more than a conquer. Staying a victim robs you of your victory!

Victims are victims by either happenstance or by choice. Victims of happenstance is what happens to all of us at some time. Victims by choice feel that they are entitled. Entitled to; hold a grudge, to be hateful, to be the center of attention, to receive sympathy, to receive anything they can get for their suffering, to complain about their lives and their past to anyone who will listen, to remember all offences that has ever happened to them and relive them at any time and they are entitled to be victimized in the future. Entitled not to be responsible or accountable for their actions. Entitled to always blame others for their own failures, faults, flaws and shortcomings. Entitled to blame God and others for their situations, bad choices and mistakes. You can't have victory in your life when you are always the victim. It becomes a victim mind set or victim mentality.

Victory is available to anyone who believes. You must start with giving up your victim entitlements. Letting go of all of the victim mentality, life styles, negative talk, offenses and living in the past. Admit and take responsibility and accountability for all of the bad choices that you have made in the past that has brought you to the place of being a victim. To be an overcomer and have the victory in your life you first must believe. John 20:8-9 8Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed. 9(They still did not understand from Scripture that Jesus had to rise from the dead.) You must believe even if you don't understand. Believe that God will deliver you from being a victim. That takes faith. Faith to trust in your God! Believe that whatever happens even if you don't understand or can't figure it out in your flesh/mind that you must still have faith that God will see you through it and bring you out of it. God is still God even if you don't understand or if you don't get it.

Remove the prideful things in your life that stand in the way of forgiveness of those who have hurt you. Ask God to help you to forgive them because you can't do it by yourself! You must forgive and release all people throughout you entire life that have caused you pain, suffering and heartache. Just as you ask God to forgive you your sins and for God to help you to forgive yourself, you must forgive others. To hold on to any of it will cause you to remain the victim and prevents God from powerfully working and blessing your life. John 20:23 If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven." If you don't forgive and release you carry their sins around with you. By pride you elevate yourself higher than God because when you sin all sin is against God and God forgave all of your sins, but because you will not forgive those who sinned against you, you treat their sins as if what they did to you was far worst then anything that you ever did in your life!?! It doesn't matter if that person is alive or dead, close by or far away. It doesn't matter what kind of person they are or if they are sorry for what they did you must forgive and release them. Don't allow yourself to be trapped by their sins!

You can pray a simple prayer of forgiveness and release just between you and God. Pray this prayer out loud Dear God, give me the wisdom and strength to forgive those who have sinned against me. In Jesus name I forgive and release (their name)___________ for all of the sins they have committed against me. I forgive them for all of the pain and hurt that they have caused. I no longer hold any ill feelings or ill will against them anymore! I pray Lord that you bless them and help them to realize how much they need you and how much you love them. Thank you Lord for giving me the victory and setting me free! Amen!!! You are now set free to be victorious in all things and a fruitful in all your efforts.


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print