Pace and Progress
by PamFord Davis

Change, from my point of view is not always progress; it can impede my pace. For instance, I recall the phrase: "The clock is ticking." Time was running out and I needed to be diligent in following through on goals and meeting obligations. With today's technology many clocks no long tick or tock; time silently whizzes by and I no longer receive subliminal messages.

How well will I maximize time in the New Year? I have new calendars and have already written in several events and scheduled appointments; I'm efficient but am I faithful to follow through on the greatest commitment? "But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you (Matthew 6:33 NAS)."

He adds to my life; I must not subtract through needless worry. "Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow: for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own (Matthew 6:34 NAS)." My clocks and watches may not be ticking but the silence allows me to hear God's voice; He is calling me to seek His kingdom and righteousness. Progression follows seeking!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print