How To Get Your New Year Expectations Fulfilled And Avoid Disappointment.
by Ngozi Nwoke

How many of your expectations were fulfilled last year? How many times were you disappointed? It is very proper for us to have great expectations, but the question is "where are you placing your expectations?" In order to avoid disappointment and have your expectations fulfilled in this New Year, you have to place your expectation on the right place. This article shows you the right and best place to do so.

So shall the knowledge of wisdom be unto thy soul: when thou hast found it, then there shall be a reward, and thy expectation shall not be cut off - Proverbs 24:14 (KJV, emphasis is mine) It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man - Psalm 118:8 (KJV)

Many people get angry, disappointed and frustrated, etc, when their expectations are not met. Unfulfilled expectations ruin relationships and sometimes can lower one's self-esteem. Also, it can make you to lose hope in yourself or/and people. It can make you to conclude that another person is unfair, ungrateful or a 'good for nothing' person.

The problem is not with anybody else but with the anchor for your expectation. Often, we expect too much from people. And when they fail we tend to be disappointed. We need to understand that man is limited and is liable to disappoint.

God is the true and best anchor for your expectations. He is unlimited and has the ability to, not only support your expectation but also to fulfil it. Therefore, to get your New Year expectations fulfilled, you need to put all your expectation on God and His word. Man may fail you but God will never fail you.

How to enjoy fulfilled expectation and avoid disappointment

Ensure your expectation is in line with God's word

Present all your expectations (whether of people or yourself) to God.

Declare to God and man, that your trust is wholly on God though man will eventually execute it physically.

Do your own part (Hard work, skill development, prayer, etc.) and trust God to do His own part.

Give people what they need, as long as it is right and within your capability, but expect God to meet your own needs.

Be positive in your thinking

Do not expect the worst at any time.

Always expect the best from people

Trust in God's love for you and His desire to meet your needs

Be continually thankful

What you expect is always what you will get, now or later in the future. To avoid disappointment in this New Year, expect more from God than from people or even you. If your answer seems delayed, still hold on because your expectation shall not cut off.

Ngozi Nwoke is a teacher, speaker, counselor and author of "Peace Money Can't Buy" and "The Man Jesus: What You Need to Know About Christ". She has a passion to teach people how to enjoy peace, God's love, and Christian living for a more fulfilling life. Want a more fulfilling life? 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print