Fill Her Up
by PamFord Davis

I am not sure how the human body is able to multitask so efficiently. As I write, I effortlessly breathe, see, hear and yes ponder such miracles. The digestion process is one of those marvels. I place morsels of munchies in my mouth, chew, swallow and food travels dark alleys en route to bodily organs. Each time I routinely eat a mysterious monitoring of nutrition needs and satisfaction levels mingle. At a precise moment, I feel full; sadly, the multitasking can malfunction. I cannot get full!

If I don't feel full, I mistake feeling for fact. I'll overeat, indulge and suffer the consequences of my actions. I am happy to share that the heavenly Father has a plan to satisfy my deepest hunger. There are no weight gain or health hazards; I reap the benefits of His multitasking in my life. Paul said it like this, "I pray that you and all of God's people will understand what is called wide or long or high or deep. I want you to know all about Christ's love, although it is too wonderful to be measured. Then your lives will be filled with all that God is (Ephesians 3:18-19 CEV)."

"Fill her up!" In the days of personal service at gas stations and lower gas prices, customers frequently voiced the instructions to courteous attendants. They expected to see the gas gauge register the filling and after paying for their gas, would drive away with confidence that the filled tank would allow them to travel where they needed to go. The Lord begins my day as He instructs His Holy Spirit. Fill her up! (Ephesians 5:18b)

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print