Family first after God
by Michael Hume

"If any one does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his own family, he has disowned the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. " 1 Timothy 5.8 When God calls you to serve your family, it is a worthwhile call. Obeying God can reap untold benefits.


After God, your family is the next most important thing. Serve them. then others. If you don't then you may be entrusting them to less sincere people. Your prayers do have an effect on their lives just as theirs has an effect on yours. It is a symbiotic relationship. You serve them in your way, and they serve you in theirs. You don't have to look far for love, trust, humour and friendship. They are among your family. Look after them since the next generation will be carrying the torch for you after you have finished your earthly ministry.


Build closeness with them. We listen to each other. When one member is in dire straits it is good that the others rally round to help. Some of the best times in life are with my family, and relatives, and of course friends. You must provide for your own family, and when time allows, your relatives and others.


"Seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare." Jeremiah 29.7This verse and the one above spoke to me. God told me to pray and serve my family. Both confirmed and consolidated each other. You are probably the most sincere prayer helper for your family. God blesses you as you pray. Never underestimate a small calling or a small start. The insights you get serving family can be helpful to others too, once shared. Each family member has taught me something. Persistence, generosity, encouragement, zeal, and wholeheartedness. 



Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print