God speaks twice to confirm
by Michael Hume

If something is important God says it twice, sometimes.

Joseph knew that when he said, "The doubling of Pharaohs dream means that the thing is fixed by God. " Genesis 41.32 Pharaoh dreamt two different dreams meaning the same thing. In one seven thin, ugly cows ate up seven sleek, fat ones. In the next seven thin, blighted ears of grain swallowed up seven good ears.

Paul says the same thing. "Men indeed swear by a greater than themselves, and in all their disputes an oath is final for confirmation. So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he interposed with an oath, so that through two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible that God should prove false, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to seize the hope set before us." Hebrews 6. 16-18. Two unchangeable things are absolute confirmation of something.

Gideon asked God for two signs to verify that God was going to deliver Israel through him. He said to God, "I am going to lay a fleece of wool on the threshing floor; if there is dew on the fleece alone, and it is dry on all the ground, then I shall know that you will deliver Israel by my hand, as you have said." Judges 6.37. Sure enough he squeezed enough water from the fleece to fill a bowl.

Gideon spoke to God again, "Let me make trial with the fleece just once more; let it be dry only on the fleece, and on all the ground let there be dew." Judges 6.39. The next morning there was dew on the ground not the fleece. Gideon knew God would do what He said.

God can do that with scripture verses too. He can give two different ones to mean something is definite. Or two visions to mean it is is Him speaking and it is significant.


It is one of the ways God speaks.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print