Sin,the enticer, and me.
by Michael Hume

"Whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened round his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea." Matthew 18.6 It is not good, Jesus said for someone to cause a follower of his to sin. He strongly advises against it.

Again he says, "Woe to the world for temptations to sin! For it is necessary that temptations come, but woe to the man by whom the temptation comes!" Matthew 18.7. Once again Jesus seems to say that the worldly people bring temptations to the godly, and says it is not good for that person.

Okay, so that's how Jesus views the people who brings temptation into my life. Now for my bit.

"If your hand or your foot causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away, it is better for you to enter life maimed or lame than with two hands or two feet to be thrown into the eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it away, it is better for you to enter life with one eye thatn with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire." Matthew 18. 8,9. Jesus is saying it is crucial to stop handling or going towards sin, and stop looking at sin. Sin has the potential to drag to hell. So I have to cut myself off sinning and remove thoughts and sights of sinning. Get restored to that rightful holy life again. God helps me overcome my sins. He forgives and and restores me.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print