Wagging Tails or Declined Commitments
by PamFord Davis

There is something almost supernatural in the relationship between a loyal dog and its master. Visualize a meandering countryside path, away from city noise, crowds and distractions. Mr. Brown, an elderly man has made his daily walk to his mailbox at the end of his driveway in hopes of receiving long awaited letters or cards from children or grandchildren. His dog walks at his side.

Bo senses the anticipation of his master, the fulfillment when his friend retrieves a letter and the disappointment when the mailbox holds only bills or advertisements. They will go back home together. When one is happy, the other is happy; Mr. Brown whistles an old tune and Bo wags his tail. Days of discouragement find both slowly silently and sadly returning to the house; the master stares straight ahead and Bo's head hangs low.

The Master called disciples to walk at his side. Many immediately left all behind and followed him. If they had been playful puppies, they would have wagged their tails in gratefulness for the great privilege of walking and working alongside Jesus. In contrast, a rich young ruler declined. (Luke 18:18-23) He would walk alone. "But when the man heard this he went sadly away, for he was very rich (Luke 18:23 Living Bible)." He hung his head in shame.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print