Taking Time To Tebow
by Robert Driskell

Tim Tebow, quarterback for the NFL football team Denver Broncos, has done much to bring faith into the media spotlight. "Tebowing" has become a catch phrase which brings to mind the image of a kneeling football player.

Much discussion has been taking place concerning whether or not God really cares about football. The Bible tells us that God loves us, but He does not promise us that everything will work out the way we want, but rather as He wants. Living life trusting in a holy, all-knowing, all-powerful God is how the Bible tells us we should live.

Mr. Tebow is simply living, and publically exhibiting, the faith he has known all his life. Detractors just can't stand the fact that he is able to do this in the public forum with which he is associatednamely NFL football. Anytime there is a public display of faith, religion, or spirituality there will be those who vocally complain that it is being 'forced' on them. They say that "religion should be kept private". The Word of God disagrees with these critics.

The Bible makes it clear that God loves people and is concerned with the day to day activities in which they engage. God wants people to know Him, love Him, and worship Him. Believers in Jesus Christ are called to be examples to the world of God's love: "Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world..."(Philippians 2:14-15 ESV)

Jesus never promised that we would be rich, successful, or healthy if we followed Him. What the Bible tells us is that mankind is in rebellion to a holy God. Because of our sin, we are separated from the love of God and the life He wants us to live. We cannot fix ourselves nor do enough good to cover our own sin. Jesus Christ came to earth and died on a cross to make full payment for the debt we cannot pay ourselves. Only by trusting in Jesus, and giving our lives to Him, can we be forgiven and enjoy a right relationship with the Creator of the universe.

Tim Tebow knows this, he personally experiences this relationship with God, he loves Jesus, and he wants everyone to know it. This is why he gives God the glory by praying to Him in every aspect of his life, even during football games. Whether the Broncos win or lose, God is still God. Tim Tebow trusts that the outcome of the games in which he participates will serve to glorify God.

God deserves our worship, love, gratitude, and obedience. Tim Tebow knows this. That is why he kneels and prays to God. That is why everyone should do likewise.

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print