God's Plan will be Fulfilled
by Susan Ferguson

"Though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again" (Proverbs 24:16 NIV)

A French scientist best remembered for the invention of pasteurization, Louis Pasteur was a man of faith, who despite many obstacles fulfilled Gods plan for his life. Pasteur was kind and unpretentious and wanted to help ordinary people. Beneath his gentle demeanor was a fearless and forthright man who was not afraid to defend his work or his faith. Controversy heightened when 19th century stiff-necked physicians resisted his forward thinking on germs and vaccination. Despite opposition, Pasteur mastered the art of walking through fires of controversy unscathed. He forged ahead and made groundbreaking discoveries in the cause and cure of diseases.

When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. (Isaiah 43:2 NIV)

Pasteurs hard work and persistence paid off, and by age 35 he was known worldwide. His life was marked by both triumph and tragedy. Dark shadows of grief rested over him when three of his five children died of childhood diseases. Sad and overworked, he suffered a stroke that left him partially paralyzed. At age 46 and the height of his career, it all seemed over for him. But Gods plan went on, and He gave Pasteur the strength to fulfill it. His physical condition slowly improved, but he walked with a limp and had no strength in his left arm. Despite his disabilities, he did outstanding work and made some of his greatest achievements. He continued to work for over two decades, making breakthroughs in the cure of diseases and creating vaccinations that saved countless lives. Louis Pasteur contributed more to the saving of human lives than any Scientist in history.

PRAYER

Father, thank you for giving us a plan and purpose for our lives. Give us your strength to carry out your plan. Give us courage to overcome obstacles that try to hinder your will. In Jesus name. Amen.


Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print