Church on Top of the Hill
by PamFord Davis

Do you see as you sight-see? Our eyes are open, glancing ahead and from side to side but we seldom see all there is to see. I enjoy the scenery from the passenger side and gratefully allow my husband to take control behind the wheel. I am especially fond of viewing southern mansion style homes, western ranch houses, barns and churches. Today's churches display many different forms of architecture.

Contractors build small frame church buildings, prefabricated metal structures and majestic complexes constructed from brick and stone. I silently ooh and ah, as I pass simple churches in country settings and mega metropolitan churches covering several city lots. My emotions soar when I see churches of any size or style set high upon a hill.

"A thousand shall flee at the threat of one, at the threat of five you shall flee, till you are left like a flagstaff on the top of a mountain, like a signal on a hill (Isaiah 30:17 RSV)." We live in the midst of conflict yet we can rise above the opposition and fly the banner of God's kingdom. I once attended revival services at a church and learned a catchy children's tune with several short choruses.

"There's a church, there's a church on top of the hill." (Author unknown) Children had to stay alert to recall details, which mounted and repeated with each chorus, sung much like the "Twelve Days of Christmas." There was "a pew in the church on top of the hill", a man in the pew, Bible in the hand of the man, chapter in the Bible, a verse in the chapter Each phrase ended where the song started: "There's a church on top of the hill." We are the Lord's church sending his message atop the hill!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print