Book Review: "The Disappearance of God"
by Robert Driskell

Dr. R. Albert Mohler is president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky. I have read several of his books and would recommend them to any Christian wanting to bolster his or her apologetic knowledge.

Dr. Mohler does a wonderful job of explaining the difference between the "modern" era and the "postmodern" era. He very clearly describes how the church must interact with the postmodern culture if we are to make a difference. He goes to great lengths (rightly so, in my opinion) to stress that we must not change, or water down, the biblical message in order to connect with our culture. Christians must be pure conduits of the Bible's message, especially the Gospel. We are not helping anyone by presenting them with a less-than-true version of the Gospel message.

Dr. Mohler tackles subjects such as the existence of hell, the Christian vision of beauty, the Emerging Church movement, Open Theism, the demise of church discipline, the importance of being evangelistic, and the urgency of biblical, expository preaching.

I highly recommend this book to every Christian concerned with the declining moral climate of our nation and world. Dr. Mohler challenges Christians to resist the pull of the secular culture in which we live and to live out the holiness that is ours through our relationship with Jesus.

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print