A Skeptic's Advice For Tim Tebow
by Robert Driskell

An article by a religious skeptic recently posited that Tim Tebow is doing himself a disservice any time he credits God for making Tebow successful. This skeptic says that Tebow should realize that it was his own hard work and skill that got him where he is. By giving God the credit, Tebow is actually underestimating himself, so says the skeptic's article.

This religious skeptic displays the underlying problem with all of humankind, namely, we wish to take the credit ourselves for what is rightly God's doing. We want the glory and praise that belongs to God. Instead of being thankful for what God has given us, we take credit for it ourselves and become prideful in our own minds.

Not only did God give Tebow the ability to play football, but the skeptical Examiner also gets his talent from God. Tebow, the skeptic, and every other person receives life, breath, sustenance, opportunities, and a host of other things from God. Tebow worships God for all he gets, the skeptic gives himself (or luck) credit for his accomplishments. Everyone should realize that every good thing they have comes from God. In the biblical book of James, we read: "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change." (James 1:17 ESV)

The apostle Paul tells us that Jesus created us and sustains the universe and everything in itincluding us: "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authoritiesall things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together." (Colossians 1:15-17 ESV)

Everything that exists does so because of Jesus Christ. He should rightly be worshiped for who He is. Everyone should worship and glorify Him. If it were not for Him, there would be nothing. This world is His. You and I are His. Too many people simply refuse to admit that they owe everything to Him. Their selfishness causes them to rebel against Him and follow their own will, lusts, and desires. They think they are more important than God is. This is not only foolish, but also spiritually dangerous. Skeptics risk spending an eternity apart from God's love simply because they are unwilling to submit to the rightful King of Kings.

Seeking to introduce people to Jesus Christ and to help them become "transformed by the renewing of their mind."

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print