Jacks' Timber-like Beanstalk
by PamFord Davis

Children feel very small in a big people world. They easily identify with Jack and his view of a beanstalk that rose way up into the sky. A child's imagination has no limits. A reader says Jacks' little bean grew overnight into a gigantic plant, and in faith they believe. I am ready to climb up on Daddy's lap, listen to a story and believe.

Jack's story is not easy to believe; tossed beans grew to timber-like stalk. Jesus told no tall tales. "God's kingdom is like what happens when a farmer scatters seed in a field. The farmer sleeps at night and is up and around during the day. Yet the seeds keep sprouting and growing, and he doesn't understand how (Mark 4:26b-27 CEV)."

How does God's garden grow? "It is the ground that makes the seed sprout and grow into plants that produce grain. Then when harvest season comes and the grain is ripe, the farmer cuts it with a sickle (Mark 4: 28-29 CEV)." My heart is either fertile soil, filled with weeds or hard as scattered stones. I am humbled at the image of God's sickle.

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print