Joy During Times of Tribulation
by Michelle Goodwine Lawson

When we are going through trials and tribulations, often times it is difficult to have joy in our hearts. Even as believers, when we are going through those "valley moments", many of us find it difficult to be happy. But, unlike those in the world, Christians have a reason to rejoice while we are going through tough times. We have God on our side. We have the Lord to count on. And we can depend on the promises of God to never leave us or forsake us to give us strength.

James 1:2-3 says:
Consider it pure joy,
my brothers and sisters,
whenever you face trials of many kinds,
because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.

I am so grateful to God for showing me that no matter what my current circumstances, I have no reason to be sad. God is always in control. God is always on the throne. So, even when we feel out of control, we can feel assured that God is concerned about our well-being. As the song goes, "Trouble don't last always." No matter what struggles we are experiencing, joy does come in the morning.

In order to feel joy during hard times, we just need to remember that God will work everything out for His good in the end. If we pray for His will to be done (and not ours), have faith in God, and patiently wait for His response, God will answer our prayers. Now He may not give us what we want, but He will give us what we need - if we trust Him.

As someone who prayed for a particular outcome, and was blessed with God granting me what I wanted, I have learned to pray for God's will. When I received what I wanted, I soon learned that what I wanted, was not what God would have wanted for me. Over the years, because of this prayer, I have experienced a great deal of hurt and pain. So for those of you who have a desire in your heart, whether it is for a certain job, love interest, or material good, ask and you shall receive.

So for those Christians who are going through trials, let us remember that a New Life Today is possible. Having the confidence that God will answer your prayers is the reason why you can praise God in advance, and why we can be filled with joy and peace on the inside, even when the world around us may seem chaotic and out of control.

Below are a few Bible verses that will inspire you during times of trials and tribulations:


1 Peter 5:10
And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

Romans 12:12
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

Psalm 34:17-18
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit.

Michelle "Chelle" Goodwine Lawson is a Baptist minister and Founder of NewLifeTodayBlog.com. As a professional speaker, business consultant, and survivor of domestic violence, Michelle aims to help others realize that with God's help and positive action, they can have a New Life Today!

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print