Christian Relationship Help: Six Common Relationship Problems With Narcissists
by Karla Downing

This Christian relationship help will look at six common relationship problems that are typical with narcissists. God's plan for relationships is that both people care about themselves and the other person, which we practice when we love others as we love ourselves (Matthew 22:39). Philippians 2:4 says, "Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others," supporting the assertion that there needs to be give and take with concern for the needs of both. But narcissists only do half of this, because they only take.

Here are six common relationship problems with narcissists that result from their self-centered focus:


The relationship operates on the narcissist's terms. Your feelings, needs, and concerns don't matter.

You have to spend an enormous amount of energy making sure he/she feels important, admired, and special. You may feel as if you are walking on eggshells to make sure you do this.

The narcissist is highly sensitive to criticism and reacts to it with rage or shame and will often attack you when you are pointing out even small concerns. The intensity that is turned on you is much more than you are expressing.

You lose your sense of "self" and your needs, wants, and desires. The narcissist is so powerful that you eventually lose part of yourself, especially if this narcissist is your spouse or parent.

The narcissist is perfectionistic and Intolerant of your mistakes and overreacts to them. You will find yourself fearful of making mistakes.

The narcissist has unrealistic demands and expectations. There will be intolerance of your differing opinions and your right to say no to these demands and expectations. As a result, you will likely feel controlled by the narcissist.

This relationship help describes six common relationship problems with a narcissist, most of which revolve around the fact that there is only room for one in a relationship with a narcissist.

Next, if you need more practical tips and Biblical truths to help you change your relationships, get my FREE "15-Day Relationship Challenge" designed to give you back the power over your life.

Just click here: http://www.Free15dayChallenge.com

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print