No Kodak at Calvary
by PamFord Davis

"I wish this moment would never end!" We may not voice those precise words but the syrupy sentiment is real in times of great joy. You have just leaned to ride a bike and school is out for the summer. The most popular person in school is your steady date. A big firm has offered you a coveted entry-level job and you are engaged to be married. The nurse places your first-born child in your arms. It's all sublime. The lives of baby-boomers are made-up of "Kodak moments" and memories.

Some of my earliest memories are of Mom facing me with her "Kodak Brownie" camera. Before marrying Dad, she had worked at a photography studio in Syracuse, NY and had mastered the art of taking quality snapshots. She chose proper lighting, interesting backgrounds and creative posing. Mom captured special moments and transformed milestones into tangible photo filled albums. Her babies grew up and with the swift passing of the years, had babies of their own who blessed her with great grandchildren. She cherished pictures of each one.

Not only did she use photography to capture memories of those she held dear. She systematically had professional portraits taken of her and Dad to give to her children. In her own special way she was saying, "Remember me." Jesus used the imagery of bread and wine to paint a priceless portrait. God sheds His light upon the scene. We view Christ's broken body and spilled blood through crucifixion. "Will this ever end?" There was no "Brownie" camera to capture the crucial moments at Calvary. He left an unforgettable reminder during the Last Supper.

"And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them saying, 'This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, 'This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you (Luke 22:19-20 KJV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print