BRING IT TO TERM
by Faithlyn Granville

What was I doingI was standing in the backyard talking to a friend on my cell phone while allowing myself to become intoxicated with the fresh, lush vegetation when he asked if I had a breadfruit tree at home. As I responded that the tree was detroyed during hurricane Ivan (2004), my thoughts went back instantly to the lesson I had learnt by observing that tree years ago.


The breadfruit tree had always been one of sure promise! As soon as the season for breadfruit was in you could depend on it for breakfast or to add richness to the pumpkin soup for dinner. That year and a few years following, I watched and saw the tree laden with young breadfruits but not one of them stayed on the tree to maturitythey never got the chance to come to term! It was an old tree and through the years the trunk had developed a huge cavity in which rain water would settle, causing the trunk of the tree to rot. My father was advised to cover that cavity if he ever wanted the breadfruits to come to term again. That was done and once again the tree brought its fruit to term until the day it was blown down.


Simple story yet, like that breadfruit tree we all have little things in our lives that if left unchecked will abort everything that is conceived. Hence, derailment of dreams/goals, untapped potentials, unsung songs, missed opportunities, miscarriages and a drifting from God's divine plan for our lives. As dreams die, disillusionment set in and as humans we tend to question if there really is a God as our entire world turn downhill. In John 15:4, Jesus cautions us to abide in Him. Of course it doesn't mean dreams won't die but we can be assured that the ideas/dreams/plans conceived and birthed will be to God's glory and will work for our good. Consider Job who lost everything, yet he chose to refocus and abide and we know the outcome wellhe was tremendously blessed!


Recognition of the problem coupled with the will to change can do wonders. After corrective measures the breadfruit tree brought its fruit to term again! I remembered how I prophesied over my life as I picked that matured breadfruit to flavor my pumpkin soup once again. That day I dared myself that nothing would remain the same! Abortive seeds should not find room to germinate in our lives. Bring it to term!! Now let's reason together: - What's rotting the fabric of your integrity? What's ushering you into ineffectiveness? What's sapping your passion for Jesus and preventing you from walking like His child? What's keeping you back from full surrender?

Faithlyn Granville , Jamaica.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print