A HOMILY
by Richard L. Provencher

Children are often takers. They are not immune to constantly reaching for the goodies of life"candy, toys, clothes, travel (and for those with adequate means " hi-tech items) under the watchful gaze of their parents. As they grow older, wisdom through chores, study and relationships is acquired. Sometimes painful experiences are harsh.

And the young may come to realize life is a series of give and take and why decisions affect their future. Childhood is like a plunge into adventures not fully aware consequences might come with a high price. Moms and dads are often good mentors.

As they mature they discern not only limitations of parents, or loved ones but of selves. Yes, it is a shock for them to see above the innocence of their youth. To see the wants and foibles of mankind, and hopefully to be aware on how the world turns.

But this generation has such an array of choices. They have the opportunity to gather steam from the most advanced of educational systems and move forward, regardless of any unseen turns in the economy. Desirable positions are available to provide a most comfortable living, with the fruits of success as a reward.

And as age creeps upon them, they realize God is a new driving force in life. Yes, they discover there is a devil in the world, called materialism. Through deception and sad events, they might have been corrupted to the allure of life. Through prayer, love and trust, personal weaknesses can be overcome.

And a maturing of thought develops a genuine desire to be used as a vessel of Gods mercy, His caring and forgiveness leads to a future with Him. It is only through God, that a lifetime of work and sacrifice is a discovery of genuine satisfaction.

* * *

Richard L. Provencher

Richard enjoys writing poems; many of which have been published in Print and Online. He and his wife, Esther are also co-authors of stories and a print novel. They are "born again" Christians and very busy in their church, Abundant Life Victory International, in Bible Hill, Nova Scotia.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print