The only reason we are still here
by Jack Vorster

THE WICKEDNESS OF MAN
When Adam and Eve received their consciousness as human creatures, they found themselves existing within a perfect place. Little did they know that it was to be a short-lived experience and that they would be responsible for plunging mankind into darkness.

The time finally came for God to review the situation. "And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them." (Gen. 6:5-7)

And so an estimated 200 million people were washed away, most of them deposited deep under the ice of the poles. Only eight people were spared. We are their offspring.

TIME FOR ANOTHER JUDGMENT
All the human activities that have been taking place in the world, since then, have been more than enough reason for God to destroy His human creation once again, but this time He put into place the plan He had for man from the very beginning of creation. He took on human form, planted a Cross and became the Substitute for man. Man's punishment fell on Him. And in this way man was redeemed from destruction and eternal damnation, but only if he (man) accepted and believed for his salvation by way of the Cross of Jesus Christ.

THE ONLY REASON
The only reason we are still here is because of the Cross. In effect, we all died on that Cross and arose again to life through Him, that is, all of us who have appropriated that provision.

Just think, If God had indeed destroyed the world and its human creatures once again, there would have been:-

No internet gurus
No Hollywood
No soap operas
No governments
No nations
No countries
No drug pushers
No prostitution
No ballet classes
No golf days
No business lunches
No terrorism
No wars
No people
NO NOTHING!

There would have been no such thing as teenagers having to have their own cell phone, to ridicule their parents or to have their poor little psyches messed up not to mention having to miss out on parties, body rings, drugs, tattoos and rock stars.

And what a shame it would have been to deprive the mind of man of the opportunity to debate the existence of God and to propagate evolution all because he wasn't given the opportunity to exist anymore.

But now man can continue in his wicked ways all because of the Cross, which places man in the Valley of Decision until his departure to his place of preference for eternity.

Have you booked your place of preference yet? If not, then your inherent condition will take care of the matter. You won't be able to make a decision in the heat of the moment for that moment will be hot for eternity.

Now retired, Jack Vorster has a background in marketing in the field of newspaper advertising. As a result of a life-changing experience he turned his attention to the study of the human make-up and the realities connected to human behaviour based on the Word of God. 

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print