What's God Purpose in Allowing Bad Days in Your Life?
by Hugh Houchin

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24).

Which came first, the crappy day or your perception it was crappy? Is it your observation the day is crappy, or is there another point of view? Why, exactly, is the day crappy, and, of utmost importance, how do you respond to a crappy day?

It's a fact of life, no matter how hard you try to prevent them, you're gonna have bad days, and they may seem like some unseen force pushes your hot buttons. However, if you knew there was a purpose for each bad day, wouldn't that make them easier for you to handle? Psalm 118:24 says the Lord made today and every day, and the verse doesn't describe any particular type of day he makes; so, He must make them all, including the good ones, the bad ones and the ugly ones.

If, in His sovereignty, God makes your days, don't you think that in making them the way He does He has a purpose for you? Roman 8:28 affirms He does: "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." That being true, why not, when you're having a bad day, prayerfully analyze what's happening; then discover why what's happening is happening, and what to do about it.

Maybe, you're missing a signal. Is it possible that God, through your spouse, your kids, boss, neighbor, or maybe even your dog is sending you a message? Is there a chance, He may use the way you're reacting to the bad day to tell you something about yourself?

Ponder the circumstances of the day, until you have concrete answers about what happened, and why it happened. Next, meditate and decide if your determinations are logical, and if they are truth and not rationalizations. In addition, specify why you believe God wants you to correct the cause of your bad day. Do you need to ask for forgiveness, or do you need to forgive?

You don't need to complete the steps at the same time, and don't let failure discourage you. You're human and living in a fallen body, and your sanctification is an ongoing process; often achieved through trial and error. God has given you bad days as an opportunity to deepen your relationship with Him; use the process of learning to resolve them for that purpose; thus, glorifying Him.

All Bible verses are from the NASB.

Hugh Houchin is retired, but enjoys fulltime freelance writing. His publishing credits include articles and columns in western Nebraska newspapers and numerous websites.

 You may read more of Houchin's articles at:
http://spiritualwatercooler.blogspot.com

contact: [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print