Yeah, But
by PamFord Davis

Doctors say, lose excess weight and get more exercise. I agree in principal.
Yeah, but all you can eat buffets provide such a good selection and I am too busy to work out.

My husband is firm. We must reduce our spending and stick to a budget. He is right. Yeah, but the price of groceries and gas has tripled.

The posted speed limit is 25 mph. I realize I should slow down in school zones. Yeah, but I am running late and there are no children in sight.

Lawyers advise everyone to make out a will. I really should get my affairs in order. Yeah, but it is morbid to focus on death.

Apostle Paul told us to give thanks in all things. I have so much for which to be grateful. Yeah, but I cannot thank God in these circumstances.

The Bible warns against gossip. I never should spread rumors. Yeah, but that woman broke up a happy home.

Jesus said not to worry about anything. I know He can take care of me. Yeah, but we are expecting our first child and my husband recently lost his job.

Jesus said to love my enemies. I know He forgave those who were crucifying Him. Yeah, but terrorists hate us and have taken so many innocent lives.

God the Father sent His Son to die in my place. Jesus knew His death would save my soul. "Yeah, but" is not in the Savior's vocabulary. In humility and trust, He obeyed His Father.

"Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done (Luke 22: 42 NIV)."

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print