Judgement
by Michael Hume

When God judges me it is out of love. When He convicts me of sin, I feel that is judgement. In his presence I see my sin then confess it and He instantly forgives me. Sometimes He doesn't count sins against us, but to play it safe, I confess all I remember."Blessed is the man to whom the LORD imputes no iniquity." Psalm 32.2

The worldly judge harshly. With condemnation, accusation and loads of guilt. They take after their father.

Jesus said to his disciples, "I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred on me, so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel." Luke 22.29. This judging is now, and in the afterlife. Now, God and us say this action is good or evil, right or wrong. It is simply a matter of truth, and a sense of justice, knowing right from wrong and good from evil. The more you read the Bible and associate with God, the keener your sense of justice. So this sort of judging everything God shows in day to day life is only a matter of truth.

When my earthly life is over, I expect to go to heaven and not be judged. Just welcomed by God and accepted. God is constantly judging me on earth so I need no further judging in heaven. When God judges me on earth it is light and easy, internal, gracious and private. Done in love to free me and let me live in holiness before God.

John saw "The dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Also another book was opened, the book of life. And the dead were judged according to their works, as recorded in the books. And the sea gave up the dead that were in it. Death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and all were judged according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire, and anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire." Revelation 20.12-15. There are at least two ways I read this.

First. The living in heaven have names in the book of life. They are not judged at all. The spiritually dead are not in the book of life but have names and deeds entered in the other books. They are placed in hell.

Second. All those who died on earth at one point will be judged by God. Those judged worthy of heaven go into the book of life. If they are in the other books their end is hell.God is just. He puts people in heaven since they have lived unto Him and they have God in mind and sight a lot. He puts people in hell becuase that has been their way on earth, and He deems it just that they spend eternity there. What is true, right and just is recorded in both types of books.

"Do not say in your heart, "Who will ascend into heaven? (that is to bring Christ down) or who will descend into the abyss?" (that is to bring Christ up from the dead)."" Romans 10.6. It is not wise spending time guessing who will go to heaven or hell. Only God knows everything and can judge fully rightly, and He alone can put a person in hell, as Jesus said.

Michael Hume. The Holy Spirit teaches you everything.  Copyright belongs to author.

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print