Acute Reflex
by PamFord Davis

We feel too embarrassed to say, "I have gas." Admitting heartburn and indigestion is less uncomfortable, yet we are more apt to express that we have "acid reflux." That sounds far more serious, not to make light of it just revealing how we like to follow the latest trends. Acid reflux is trendy.

"Acute reflex" is a less recognized condition but I'm sure we have all had mild to extreme cases on a daily bases. First, visualize yourself on a doctor's examining table. The doctor taps your knee to test your reflexes and your leg kicks forward. Your physician is satisfied but you would rather you controlled your knee than an inanimate object. You have experienced acute reflex.

I must admit I also suffer from acute reflex when someone makes a critical remark. I instantly jerk into react and attack mode. Shame on me! "But let every one be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger: for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God (James 1:19b-20 NAS)." Holy Spirit control is the remedy for acute reflex. I can curb my natural reflex!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print