Something to Shout About
by PamFord Davis

I have a full lower lip. It was standard equipment thrown in by the Creator. I have no need for "BOTOX" injections. I was used to getting what I teased for and got downright miserable when I didn't. I'd sulk and pout with that bottom "lip protruding" as an outward sign of self-pity.

I am no longer Daddy's little girl and should have put my childish ways behind me. Yet I still often succumb to bouts of the pouting syndrome. I need regular checkups and frequent reminders that getting my own way likely leads to disaster.

God sends reminders of how well off I really am. He brings my blessings into focus, offering me frequent glances around me. I'm going to put my foot down! I will not, I will not pout. I'll shout to the Lord! I'll present offerings of thanksgiving and praise.

"and they sang responsively, praising and giving thanks to the Lord, 'For he is good, for his steadfast love endures for ever toward Israel.' And all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the Lord (Ezra 3:11a RSV)." Join me in a shout out!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print