Deep in the Heart movie
by Dana Chaffin

Deep in the Heart movie will be premiering February 17th all over the state of Texas. It will then begin to move to other states. To find a theater near you visit the movie website www.deepintheheartmovie.com or join Certain Cinema on Facebook for updates. This movie is based on the inspirational true life of Richard Wallrath that proves faith brings second chances. Wallrath went from being an alcoholic and abusive man to a successful businessman, rancher and supporter of youth.

Deep in the Heart is the story of Richard "Dick" Wallrath played by Jon Gries(Napoleon Dynamite, Taken). Wallrath grew up with an abusive father and later began to act like he had seen growing up. He turned to the bottle and ended up losing everything; his job, his faith, and his family. After hitting rock bottom in his life he made a choice to change. It was not easy and it took a long time to mend the broken hearts and lives, but he stood strong. When a lot of people would have given up, he continued to learn what was important in life: his faith, his family and giving hope and opportunity to hundreds of youth.

Deep in the Heart tells only a small part about the financial support that Mr. Wallrath gives to the kids in Texas 4-H and FFA. He is concerned about their education and is offering them opportunities that he did not have in his own life. His Educational Foundation helps hundreds of 4-H and FFA members every year attend college that may have not had the chance without his generosity. For those of you not familiar with these youth organizations here is a little about both of them. 4-H is a youth development organization for kids 5 years old to 19 years old. 4-H is the nation's largest youth development organization. There are more than 6 million 4-H youth in urban neighborhoods, suburban schoolyards and rural farming communities. 4-H offers a variety of projects like photography, engineering, plant and animal science, health and fitness, fashion, leadership, and of course showing livestock. FFA is an organization founded in 1928 and originally stood for the Future Farmers of America, but since the FFA now consists of so much more than just farming it is simply the National FFA Organization. In this organization students can compete in many different contests ranging from Forestry and Horse-Judging to Dairy Food, Speech, and even a quiz bowl. It is designed to develop well rounded leaders for tomorrow. I was lucky enough growing up to be part of both these great youth organizations. I was in 4-H for 10 years and in FFA for 4 years. My projects included showing sheep and rabbits, forestry and wildlife, citizenship and leadership.

Deep in the Heart is a great movie, but the true story behind the movie is amazing. It proves that when we take the wrong path we can always choose to get back on course. It is never too late to make the right choices, even if we still have to deal with the consequences of our past. Mr. Wallrath is an inspiration to all of us and a blessing to the Texas 4-H and FFA.


Dana Chaffin is a Christian freelance writer and editor of Certain Cinema magazine who has published many articles on faithwriters.com and other Christian websites.  Passionate about Christian film. www.certaincinema.com Email [email protected]

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print