Cantankerous Christians
by PamFord Davis

Grumpy old men were main characters in a movie and some found their antics amusing. I viewed parts of the flick while visiting family and many tune-out factors raised red flags. I can't help but wonder how often "cantankerous Christians" cause the lost to tune-out truth of transformation.

Jesus transforms lives, forgives sin, restores our broken relationship with the Father and reserves a place for us in heaven. Cantankerous Christians become carriers of kindness and joy. They cast aside the cloak of contention and don coverings of compassion. People no longer tune-out their messages; instead, they tune-in and turn up the volume. Compassion is contagious.

"And so, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience: bearing with one another and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against any other just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you (Colossians 3: 12-13 NAS)." Cantankerous Christians? God forbid!

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print