Perk Perpetually
by PamFord Davis

The preparation and consumption of coffee has changed a great deal in the last 50-60 years. Long before "Starbucks" became a buzzword, my family sat to chat with steaming cups of coffee. Family and friends met in each others' homes, parked themselves around the kitchen table, and enjoyed good company and great coffee.

Aunt Lillian and Uncle Kenneth welcomed us into their Erie Canal home. My sisters, brother and cousins scurried in an out of the kitchen. Adults took seats at the table. Aunt Lillian filled the aluminum coffee pot with fresh water from the hand pump beside her kitchen sink, added the tantalizing ground coffee beans to the inside receptacle and sauntered over to her wood stove.

My spry little aunt rekindled her fire and placed the coffee pot on top the stove. I watched a small glass circular knob on top until the coffee began to perk. It popped up and down inside the pot much like my Dad's favorite popcorn. After it reached full boil Aunt Lillian grabbed a potholder and carried the coffeepot to the table, no more perking for Pammy.

I want to perk perpetually for Christ the Lord. "So we must not get tired of doing good, for we will reap at the proper time if we don't give up (Galatians 6:9 HCS)." Classic "Maxwell House" coffee commercials pictured a perpetual perking coffee pot, vowing their coffee would be "good to the last drop." Will I go about doing good until I drop?

Published articles in Mature Living Magazine, Devotions for the Deaf, The Secret Place, Coosa Journal, Mary Hollingsworth's The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, Jo Krueger's Every Day in God's Word. http://www.pamforddavis.com
 http://www.faithwriters.com/member-profile.php?

Article Source: http://www.faithwriters.com







Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this information with the author, it is greatly appreciated so that they are able to follow their work.

Close this window & Print